Thursday, January 16, 2014

Zombie

It's Throwback Thursday! I decided to do it a little differently and throw it back to some music I grew up with. This was one of my favorites as a youngster. I knew the song was sad. I could feel that even though I had no idea what the song was talking about. This song has stuck with me over the years and I'd have to say it's still one of my favorites. It's different. It tells a story and has a message.

Zombie by The Cranberries

Isn't that powerful? It's definitely an anti-war song. It speaks about how war and violence affects people and how it's seen through different perspectives. I encourage you to watch the video and then listen again with the lyrics open. It's a strong song. 

I think this song will always stick with me. The words are haunting if you really think about them. Even though they are said to be talking about the Irish Republican Army's bombing of Warrington, Chessire in 1993 I think the main points of this song could be related to any time in which there is heavy war or violence happening.

It's a deep. 

I just made this a very somber Throwback Thursday, but not everything is rainbows and butterflies. It helps to have a reminder of that every now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment